March 11, 2018
This event has taken place
and registration is closed.
Please explore our exciting
upcoming special events!
07/21/2018 09:30:08 pm
People of the Book, meet your match: a day filled with Jewish storytelling and storytellers—more than 50 in all—some you already know and love, others you’ll be thrilled to discover.
Listen to and meet authors whose work reflects the dazzling diversity of the Jewish book world, from crime to Yiddish culture, Jewish cooking to historical fiction and serious biographies.
To make sure that the next generation learns to embrace our reading tradition, we’ve arranged a special kids’ corner with Jewish storytellers, live music and special activities. And you won’t want to go home without visiting our pop-up bookstore, where you may choose from an exciting array of hundreds of titles to add to your Jewish home library.
THE NEXT 5,000 YEARS OF CONVERSATION BEGINS HERE!
In partnership with the Jewish Book Council, Moment magazine, PJ Library and Jewish Women’s Archive
11:00 AM Opening Session: Faye and Jonathan Kellerman
12:15 PM Breakout Session 1
1:30 PM Breakout Session 2
2:30 PM Pop-Up Store/Meet the Authors/Book Signing
Choice of Breakout Sessions:
• Laurie Albanese, Stolen Beauty; Lauren Belfer, And After the Fire and Ellen Umansky, The Fortunate Ones
• Jennifer Armstrong, Seinfeldia and Susan Silver, Hot Pants in Hollywood
• Lou Cove, Man of the Year and Stephen Tobolowsky, My Adventures with God
• Shulem Deen, All Who Go Do Not Return
• Anita Diamant, The Red Tent and Alice Hoffman, The Rules of Magic
• Martin Fletcher, The War Reporter with Gal Beckerman, When they Come for Us We’ll Be Gone
• Ezra Glinter, Have I Got a Story for You and Eddy Portnoy, Bad Rabbi
• Adam Greenberg, Get Up: The Art of Perseverance
• Jeffrey S. Gurock, Jewish New York
• Meredith Hindley, Destination Casablanca and Noah Isenberg, We’ll Always Have Casablanca
• Dara Horn, Eternal Life; Ilana Kurshan, If All the Seas Were Ink and Ruby Namdar, The Ruined House
• Georgia Hunter, We Were the Lucky Ones
• Rachel Kadish, The Weight of Ink and Sana Krasikov, The Patriots
• Joseph Kertes, The Afterlife of Stars and Julie Orringer, The Invisible Bridge
• Francine Klagsbrun, Lioness
• Tova Mirvis, The Book of Separation and Allyson Richman, The Lost Wife
• Dorit Rabinyan, All The Rivers and Meir Shalev, My Russian Grandmother and Her Vacuum Cleaner: A Family Memoir
• Dr. Ruth Westheimer, in conversation with Sheila Nevins, You Don’t Look Your Age… and Other Fairy Tales