- Mar 16-Jun 1
This event has taken place
and registration is closed.
Please explore our exciting
upcoming special events!
09/25/2017 06:50:01 pm
To know a culture, look no further than its fashion. Colors, symbolism, materials and recurring motifs profoundly reflect a country’s history and values.
Join us for an in-depth look at six Jewish communities from around the world through their designs. Each evening will highlight a different wedding gown from the Here Comes the Bride: Wedding Gowns Embroidering the Story of the Jewish People exhibit. In addition to a discussion of the featured gown, an author with extensive knowledge of the region will discuss his or her work.
- March 16 – Yemen with Ayelet Tsabari, The Best Place on Earth
- March 30 – Poland with Josh Halberstamm, The Blind Angel
- May 5 – Poland (WWII) with Eve Keller, Two Rings: A Story of Love and War
- May 18 – Spain with Doreen Carvajal, The Forgotten River: A Modern Tale of Survival, Identity and the Inquisition
- May 25 – Germany/Ashkenizi wth Peninnah Schram and Sandy Eisenberg Sasso, Jewish Stories of Love and Marriage: Folk Tales, Legends and Letters
- June 1 – Ukraine with Marina Rubin, Stealing Cherries
All evenings moderated by Sandee Brawarsky of The Jewish Week.
Typical hors d’oeuvers from each of the featured areas will be served.